Search My Blog

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Saturday Special - "You are rich if..." Edition

"You are richer than 95% of the world if you eat three meals a day." These words stuck out to me during Pastor Patrick's sermon tonight at church.

I typically don't blog on the weekends, but being that I attended church tonight with my sister and Pastor Patrick's sermon was so awesome that it was too good not to share! And... I couldn't wait until Monday to share it! So here goes one of my first ever weekend blog posts!

In 1 Timothy 6:6-10 it reads the following, "But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs."

We are living in a selfish world. Where we're constantly being told that we have to have the best job where we get the six figure salary, we have to have the nicest car, the biggest house, the nicest clothes, so on so fourth! Others feel like we're forced to go to college so we can get our name on that pretty little paper we call a degree. I don't have ANYTHING against anyone who goes to college, I think it is totally meant for some people and totally not meant for others... I'm one of those "others". 

With all that said, the more we listen to the world... which believe me is very easy to do... the more we feel entitled, the more we feel like we are owed something, the more we feel like we have to have that nice car, and that biggest house. Friends, this world is FLEETING! Have you watched the news lately? Things are going down and they are going down fast. 

Don't define yourself on what you have! I ask all of you reading this that you would please give up finding your satisfaction in "stuff"! In order to get ahead you have to give up! Get your priorities straight and examine your pursuit of happiness! 

Matthew 6:20 says- "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."

So maybe tonight's post wasn't as fabulous as I originally planned, but tonight's sermon spoke to me and I hope it spoke to you just through these few notes I took. If you would like the video stream to view the whole sermon I would be more than happy to get that to you!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

<3Ashley XO


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! That's exactly what life is all about, right? It's not cars, houses, and money that really make us happy. Sure they are nice, but they will all fade into nothingness. There are only a few constants in our earthly world, and that is our family and the investment we make in them. 💗 very inspiring weekend post.

    ReplyDelete